QUESTIONS FROM YOU
Answers from Us
WHAT DOES OUR PARISH RECEIVE WHEN WE ORDER A GOD IS GOOD VBS PROGRAM?
Your parish will receive a Director's Kit for the specific theme you choose. In that Director's Kit you'll discover a full sized Director's Guide and professional Director's Flash Drive. You will also receive our unique, colorful, Art, Game, Snack, Role Play, and Prayer Guides tor volunteers, Finally, your kit features aDance DVD, CD, Posters and a FREE T-SHIRT, so you will know what to order for your kiddos!
WHAT ABOUT EXTRA ITEMS TO ENRICH THE THEME?
WHAT ARE THE AGES THAT ENJOY GOD IS GOOD VBS PROGRAMS?
- Children ages 4 to 12 participate as learners in groups. Children who are in middle school are typically enthusiastic group leaders. These mentors also decorate, answer higher level questions and shine in role plays, dancing and singing. High school students, parents, grandparents and others volunteer to prepare and lead the various faith formation stations.
WHAT OTHER MATERIALS WILL WE NEED?
Our material lists are found in the Director's Guide and in faith formation station guides for art, game, prayer, role play and technology materials. Our snack guide contains a modestly priced grocery list. When creating lessons, we consider a variety of parish situations and you may choose adaptions if your parish is on a budget. At our God is Good VBS Shop we suggest: T-shirts and/or CDs, color sheets, name tags and a fun item to encourage good behavior ("prizes" can be special time, too).
WHAT ARE YOUR THEMES? WON’T CHILDREN MISS A CARNIVAL THEME OR FRIENDLY ANIMAL?
- Children come to Jesus naturally and embrace the rich treasures of our Catholic faith. Just as the Mass does not rely on trends to know Christ, we introduce our themes by enveloping children in the Bible, Jesus' life and His Church. God is Good VBS lessons explore friendly prophets of the Old Testament, the Gospels of the New Testament, our beautiful Catholic Teachings, Sacraments, Saints, the Apostles' Creed, our Liturgical Year, Vocations and more. Children learn as they pray, play, create, and sing!
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT THAT VBS LESSONS ARE DEVELOPED BY A CATHOLIC EDUCATOR?
- Being seasoned Catholic teachers and experienced leaders, we understand how importantuser-friendly, full sized, lessons and guides are. We also understand how to catch children's attention about the objectives of the lessons. Scope and Sequences, classroom management, preparation, material lists and learning styles are carefully considered so leaders can easily lead VBS. "Child language" is used through out lessons and we have confidence in children's abilities, as we consider the age group being taught.
WHO HELPS CREATE GOD IS GOOD VBS CURRICULA?
- We have an outstanding team help with many creative elements of our guides. An experienced cook helps us with snack recipes. We get fresh ideas from technology and physical education experts. Our priest reviews our theology for an Imprimatur. Our videographer and musicians are professionals. Thank goodness for our art graphic designer, as we are tremendously proud of the attractiveness and color in every lesson.
WHAT ABOUT GOD IS GOOD VBS DECORATIONS?
- We believe that children's surroundings can be decorated by them, so children can certainly prepare assembly murals. You will see a sense of pride and joy as children decorate their own space. However, it is also fun for the children to see posters and Holy Land items as they walk into their space. We continue to add assembly banners, stand-up cutouts, posters and more at our God is Good VBS Shop and we have more ideas at our BLOG, too!
COMMENTS FROM YOU